Wednesday, 12 December 2007

It's go time.

Today we have finalised a removalist to move our stuff into the new place, and it was much sooner than I had expected. I would have been happy to be in by Chrissy, but instead we are going to be in by Saturday!!!!!

The removalists will pick up our stuff on Friday evening in QLD and head down and drop it off at the house on Saturday. Just as well I decided to sign the lease pretty quickly, I am heading up there tomorrow to do the business.

So, from having nowhere last Saturday morning and expecting an absolute sh$t fight to find something suitable, fast forward 1 week and we are in a place that should turn out to be next to perfect with all of our furniture!! Within a week!! Winner.

Donny is heading back down on Sunday and it will be excellent to have her back. We will be able to head up the Newc on Monday morning and begin the process of making a home. I have definitely missed my little possum, and it will have been the longest by far we have been apart since we got married almost 4 years ago. Love you Donny.

Sunday is Ava's first birthday, so hopefully the weather holds out for her party, which is in a park up near Pete and Lisas place. Ava and Lisa were around here at the folks place for most of the afternoon, and she is such a little cutie. You have to work to get her to warm to you at first, but once you do she is a little ball of fun.

We are just starting to investigate the last major piece in the current puzzle, which is a car. Work have offered a leasing arrangement which we will probably accept, so we may even end up with a new car as well. Currently looking at the Ford Focus, which seems to be a winner, especially for the price.

Speaking of price, I was definitely not expecting the variation in quotes that we got to move our furniture. When we moved it up to QLD from Sydney 2 years ago it cost us about $1200, and that was a pretty good deal at the time. This time I asked for about 6 quotes in the end, and I will list for you their value in the order I received them.

1. - $4770
2. - $1640
3. - $4000
4. - $3200
5. - $5300
6. - $6100

Can anyone hazard a guess for me as to the one we chose???? Anyone??? What a bunch of wankers. I think that really says it all. All of the stuff is already packed, and stored in a garage, and they dont even have to unpack for us. Its not like I was asking them to build the new house first, and then fill it. Wankers. Except for #2 of course.

Watched Liverpool beat Marseille this morning. Congrats Alan. They looked very comfortable, I reckon they could go all the way. Torres was great, and even Harry had a pretty good game. Just hope he doesnt pull a groin and disappear again.

So, off to Newcastle again tomorrow for the 3rd time in a week. Have to sign the lease, dump off a bit of stuff that is stored here at the folks place, and then go shopping for a mattress for our bed and perhaps also a second bed for the other bedroom so we can begin to accommodate visitors. We already have our first visitors booked in for New Years Eve so that should be fun.

I am absolutely knackered, so time for some ice cream, a bit more white wine and then bed.

Catch you later kids!!!!

No comments: