Well I am back in gainful employment, and it is semi depressing. It has been 5 months now since I last turned on a computer in anger, so I guess it is about time. I cant really complain though, we have had such a great time over the last couple of years.
Christmas was a great day down at Mum and Dads place, and I am sure I am much fatter for it. Plenty of food as always, and the quality this year was good. Lots of seafood and salad-y type things, and some nice desserts. Winner.
Newcastle is going well, and we are settling in nicely. Our house is almost fully in shape now, and we had our first visitors over the weekend with whom we had New Years as well. We went out to dinner and then on to an open air gig right on the water in Newcastle, and ended up walking home about 2 ish. Our place is nice and close to the middle of town, I think it was about a half hour walk in the end.
I have ridden my bike into work today and intend to do so whenever possible, it is excellent to be close to everything. I also magnified my potential stupidity by a factor of 2 by signing up for another triathlon, without even really being in shape to do the first one yet. The first one is on a month from today, and the second is a further month after that. I think it should be fine. I will probably need the motivation to keep active.
We have signed up for our new car, and hopefully can pick it up on Monday. It is a new Ford Focus, and we are both happy with it. Just a little bit of paperwork in between us and taking posession so hopefully the express post man does his job tonight. We still have the hire car from work and it has been great having that available for the last 2 or 3 weeks.
We have put in a formal request with our landlord for permission to get a puppy or two, and the real estate agent said that she didnt see any problems with it, so hopefully the landlord feels the same way. We have found a few puppies/dogs on the net who are currently at rescue shelters, so hopefully we get word soon on whether we can go rescuing.
Ok, no photos this time, but I will put some up soon, hopefully of the new car and some from chrissy.
Hi to everyone we have been neglecting to get into contact with. We are stil sans-internet at home so this means no gmail/yahoo mail/hotmail/facebook etc, but we are trying to get that sorted as soon as possible. We have a phone on now so we will be starting to rejoin the world shortly.
Until next time........
Thursday, 3 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment