It was a great day out, there were about 50 people from work competing, mostly in teams doing a leg each. In my team the guy doing the swim leg was definitely the weakest link. Me. Me and swimming are like electing George Bush. It obviously seemed like a good idea to someone at some point in time. The reality however is somewhat different.
It took me ages to get right again after the swim, I felt like chucking for most of the bike leg, but eventually came good. Somehow, despite a serious training defecit I was still able to finish. A couple of photos are below.

No-one else in sight.

Tomorrows headline - "Competitor 466 runs down little girl in triathlon shame"

I am running so fast it looks like the people around me are standing still

Rolling out the blue carpet for yours truly. That girl really wants to beat me, but I smashed her. Dont tell anyone, but she started about 5 mins after me.
Anyhoo, there isnt heaps more to tell at this stage. I am compiling a nice little set of photos of where we live, it will give you a nice idea of the interesting contrast that exists nearby.
Puppy has a sore foot, not quite sure what is wrong with him. If it continues we might go for a bit of a vet visit tomorrow arvo. That is all for now. Bring on the long weekend.
Happy Paddys to you Irish folk.
No comments:
Post a Comment