Monday, 20 August 2007

Another one

Since we have a little time on our hands and are still in Santiago we figured we would make another visit to our friendly neighborhood internet cafe whilst it is available to us.

We went out towards the coast today for a drive, and found a great little town on a little beach and went for a big walk. The sun decided to pay us a visit for pretty much the duration of our stay and that made both of us happy.

We had both studied a bit of spanish before we left Ireland and it has been of some use so far, however most people we have to deal with still speak at least a little english. Our miscommunications/misinterpretations so far have not been too disasterous, although I would have preferred the prawns in my lunch today to have been cooked with the shells off. Things got a little messy.

Getting lost whilst driving so far has been neither too frequent nor too disasterous, although it does fray the nerves a little.

We have decided that we will write a movie script during our frequent visits to the nice people who serve you the wine. It promises to be excellent, if we can ever agree on it. So, if anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who knows Tom Cruise, tell him he is terrible and excessively short.

My brain has officially switched off after the 3 weeks or so that it has been since I was at work, so much so that it is actually quite a task to write this now. Also, I dont think I could really tell you what day it is today. Oh well. Hopefully one day I can fire it back up again without having to stick a crank in through my forehead and turn.

By visiting the internet cafe and reading the news it has been excellent to know that the world still moves on in my absence, and that it runs pretty much as when I was reading the news every day. That is comforting to know, I did feel like I was abandoning you all there for a while. Also it was good to know that the share market crash has not hurt my extensive share portfolio too badly, however my plans to retire at 32 have been dealt a bit of a blow. It is now looking a bit more like 65.

Madonna has been typing for a while now (on a different computer) which is quite something as she is a self confessed terrible email person, well done Donny.

I just thought to give a quick shout out to both Paidi and Jill for two different reasons. Jill for being the most entertaining emailer/blogger I know, and Paidi for being the most consistent emailer I know, even to the point where he responds to his work email on a Sunday afternoon. Now Paidi I know that the "consistent" prize doesn´t sound quite as glamorous, but it is by no means second prize.

OK, this drivel has come at a cost so it is time to wrap it up before I hurt myself or someone else.

Adios, y hasta luego.

1 comment:

Tadhg said...

I'll give you a hand with the days of the week.

Today is Wednesday. I know that cos i have 2 full days left to work this week.

That's what happens when you leave don't take holidays til the end of September. (Find a few good pubs for me in Barcelona if ye head that way)