Saturday, 1 September 2007

Still (Back) in Spain

Since the last entry we have done the following:
  1. Been to Portugal
  2. Come back to Spain

Excitement city!!

We are currently near La Manga at a camping ground that has its own beach. Well excuse me for going to the fancy camp sites!

We went from Santiago to Porto and had a look around, quite a nice place. That night we headed a little further south and camped at a camping ground that looked excellent on the map, but actually turned out to be the windsurfing capital of Portugal. (Note: very difficult to put up a tent in gale force winds) There was a beach, but with the wind it was a bit too painful to spend much time on the sand.

Anyway, from there we headed to Sintra near Lisbon and decided to stay near the beach. Fortunately there was a bodyboarding championship on at the beach so we had all sorts of entertaining little well tanned, annoying people to share our camp site with, but it was all good. Sintra is nice.

From there we went to the Algarve and treated ourselves to a villa for a few days. V nice. On the freeway from Lisbon to the Algarve all of the speed signs said 120, so that is dutifully what I did the entire way. However the locals dont seem to place the same emphasis on speed signs. I passed 4 people on the way down, in about a 3 hour journey. Everyone else on the road was flying past me like I was standing still. I reckon the quickest was a pair of porche´s that were doing around double the speed I was. A little scary.

I realise this is starting to sound like one of those emails you read sent by smug people on holidays that you skim through and go to yourself "well done, you are on holidays you bastard, dont bother me with the details just tell me if you had a good time."

Well, we are having a good time. The end.

(P.S Since then we have trekked across the bottom and around a bit of the side of Spain and are thinking of heading to Mallorca soon)

No comments: