Monday, 10 December 2007

News

We have a house. Yay!! Actually we have 2, but I had to turn one down. I spent all day Saturday doing rental inspections in Newcastle, and went to about 7 or 8 different places, most of them crap. However, there were 2 potential candidates, and one of those was a clear frontrunner. I decided to put in an application for both, and by 11.30 this morning I had been offered both. Not a bad result for a days work.

Our new place is in Carrington, which is a suburb just to the north of the main part of Newcastle, kind of on an island. I went up there again today with the folks to have a snoop around and to put down a holding deposit on the place, and even on second inspection I am happy with it. After all of those open houses I was struggling to remember which one was which, but this was def the one we wanted. When I say "we", I hope it is actually "we" because Madonna hasnt seen it yet. Hopefully she will like it.

It is about 8 mins drive from the house into the centre of town, and is definitely a possibility for consistently riding my bike into work, which should be about 15 mins max. It even has a backyard, so when we are settled in we will formally ask the landlord if we can get a puppy or two, which we have been wanting to do for aaaaaaaages.

I saw Munster beat the Scarlets on the weekend, nice one. Not so good for Liverpool though hey Marshall? Not even Harry Kewell could make the difference. Or maybe he did.....

I went down to the local park with my Dad on Saturday to attempt to find my first suitable hurling partner, and he turned out to be a bit of a natural. Despite a somewhat unorthodox style (he only uses one hand on the hurley the whole time) within a few minutes he was consistently knocking them back over my head, and controlling the ball coming to him well also. So, that is step one in enabling the continuation of my hurling experience.

I am missing my little wifey who is still up in QLD. She is making good use of herself and doing alot of painting for her mum. Hopefully she will be back for Ava's first bday on the weekend, but it might depend on the timing of our removalists, which we are currently trying to organise.

Ok, that is about all for now. I am pretty knackered and off to bed. Until next time.........