Friday, 8 February 2008

Anniversary

Yesterday was our 4th wedding anniversary, so we decided to spoil ourselves and head out for a nice dinner. Based on the recommendation of a guy at work we went to the Breeze restaurant which is attached to the Crowne Plaza hotel.

I had booked ahead so we had a lovely table right next to the window overlooking the harbour, and we had complimentary drinks on arrival because it was a special event. Nice.

Madonna had a big bit of Blue Eye Cod, and I had a pan fried breast of duck. Both were very very nice, and the bottle of Pinot went perfectly with the duck. Divine. I havent eaten like that for ages, so it was all very worthwhile.

Our desserts were both perfect, mine was a citrus tart with orange sorbet, and Donny had this chocolatey type thing with chocolatey and balsamic? ice cream. We finished with Baileys and Port, and I have to say, top marks to Robbo from work for his restaurant recommendations.

It has rained consistently for the whole week, which has been a bit of a pain considering that I ride to and from work on my bike. The bike seat doesnt dry out very well either, so each morning I have been arriving at work with a wet bum regardless of if it is raining. After the first day sitting around in damp undies I made the appropriate step of bringing a spare pair.

We think that Buckley is starting to get a little plump, so we are going to cut him back to one big meal at night and maybe a little snack in the morning. It isn't so bad though, he was probably slightly on the skinny side when we got him. Little fatty. He is going well, absolutely loooves going for walks and having a bath. He goes absolutely nuts when he sees the lead come out, and does this little dance up on his back paws. Classic.

We are having a bbq this sunday arvo and two sets of our neighbors are coming over which should be great. We have met them a couple of times on and off and they all seem very sound.

Paidi and Marshall and their associated GF's should be in South Africa about now meeting up with Jill and Hannes for the beginning of their big african adventure. Jealous much. Hope you guys have an awesome time and I want to see the photos.

Later.....

No comments: