Thursday, 26 July 2007

Bits and Pieces

Hello Everybody, here are a few notable notables:

  • Tomorrow is the last day of work for both of us before we head off on holidays. There is a celebratory BBQ planned on the old head of Kinsale (actually a work function with Steve's work). Please note this is not a real head, rather it is a peninsula.
  • According to Liam the two animals on the Australian coat of arms are a Dog and a Chicken. If only.
  • Steve works with a guy called Vincent who is a lovely tiny little man from Malaysia. The standard way Vincent greets Steve at work is to jab him in the neck with a pencil when he is not looking. Vincent's claim to fame is that at one point he was the tallest chinese man in Ireland. This is not actually true as Vincent is very short, and climbing the tallest mountain in Ireland isn't going to change that Vinnie.
  • Big Brother over here has been going for 58 days. It has rained in Ireland every day for the last 60 days. As if one wasn't bad enough.
  • Hi everyone, this is Don here, no news looking forward to travelling and French Italian generally European wine. Steve thinks I wrote a good sentence and is very supportive. This is also my first blog ( Steve does not like this word and will not have it!!!) entry, high five, sexy time!!
  • Don't worry everyone, as you can tell, Donny is already enjoying the wine.
  • Today we got a cheque in the mail from the insurance company. Nice one. If only it was a real payout and not just them returning our money for an unused car policy.
  • Something is happening on Saturday. I can't remember what it was, but I am sure it is happening. I will keep you posted.
  • Very shortly both Madonna and Steve will pass from one age category to the next. I think the new one is called "Old". Again, I will keep you posted.
  • I called up Africa today on the phone, and got 4 minutes for 2 Euros. Normally 2 Euros would get me about an hour to Australia. But it was worth it, Africa is very exotic.
  • It is excellent that they kicked druggy yellow jersey man off the Tour de France. I dont really like cycling, but that guy was dodgy.
Alright that is all. Here are a few photos as there has been far too much talking already.
Stormy skies over the Castleredmond Estate
A local graveyard

Same

Midleton main street

Meeting up with Donny on the Midleton main street for dinner earlier tonight

No comments: