Wednesday, 18 July 2007

When One Googles Ones Self

Work is winding down, so I have been finding a few other vitally important things to occupy my time. Today I googled myself.

The worldwide entity known as Stephen Jamieson is a complex being, with some very diverse professions. Generally the Stephens that have images available of themselves are pretty nerdy looking types, so I am definitely towards the top of the bell curve on that one.

Here is a sample of worldwide Stevie J's, there is:
  • A lazy american blogger (1 post since Nov 06)
  • A partner in the law firm Solomon, Saltsman & Jamieson
  • A Senior Director of Information Technologies for Symbol Technologies
  • A research assistant from the Department of Animal and Poultry Science at the University of Guelph
  • A Civil engineer and principal with W. W. Wheeler and Associates Inc. He has over 20 years of experience in water supply planning, permitting, design, construction, and operations
  • The Vice President, Listing Enforcement, Listing Division, The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited
  • Stephen Jamieson settled in Maryland in 1633 - An early american settler
  • An actor with such roles as Dr Timmons in "The Immortalizer" from 1991
  • Someone who married Julie in Peyia, Cyprus in 2005
  • Another lawyer, from the firm Frohnmayer, Deatherage, Jamieson, Moore, Armosino & McGovern, P.C. (They must have business cards the size of dinner plates just to get all the names on)
  • Stephen "Shorty" Jamieson a convicted murderer currently serving a life sentence in jail in Aus.
    Stephen Wayne Jamieson, one of three men convicted of one of the country’s most brutal murders, applied to the Innocence Panel. For Jamieson, the legal system has been made political, and very personal. In 2001, special legislation was passed to make sure he and nine other men never get out of jail. But his lawyer, crusading MP Peter Breen, says he’s convinced “Shorty”, as he’s known, is innocent. Peter Breen was elected on a platform of legal reform. He first became involved in Shorty Jamieson’s case when visiting one of the other men convicted of Janine Balding’s murder.
  • A testicular cancer survivor who now educates others
  • A theatre director from the UK
  • A club member of the Dunfermline water polo club
  • A member of the RBS (Edinburgh) Curling club, with an individual win ratio of 65%. He recently teamed with Roddy Watson to win the pairs
  • A Coordinator Aboriginal Education Training Unit, TAFE NSW North Coast Institute
  • A sleeping bag manufacturer from Queanbeyan
  • DJ Steve Jamieson from the Phunkin DJ's crew in the UK

What did this whole process reveal to me about myself? Nothing. I couldn't find me. However I did stop (get bored) after 16 result pages, so maybe in the remaining 1.6million results I made an appearance somewhere.

I also did a search for Madonna Mullins. Not a single Madonna Mullins on the internet, not even my one. I think I would like to keep it that way. She is one of a kind that one, and she is all mine.......

No comments: